So there was a question posed in a forum this week that asked the question, what makes you surf a traffic exchange. The number one response to that question in it’s poll was ‘because an exchange gave me results’. And rightfully so, I mean why else would we be surfing if not for end results in mind.
But let’s analyze this for a second. I stated in this poll that without a good design, you would not find a good owner and thus wouldn’t even be able to see results from a traffic exchange. Of course, this was argued with and disagreed on. Can you see why I feel this way?
Simple, if a traffic exchange owner doesn’t invest in the layout, design and programming to their script, why on earth would it attract new members. New members are the lifeblood of any traffic exchange, and new members means new eye balls looking at your site. The more members a program has, the better results that program will generate. Always. There is no debating this, the best traffic exchanges online are INVESTED in by the owner.
So it all starts with the design. I’m sure people may argue with this still, but you have to ask yourself…What traffic exchange have you surfed, or gotten results from, that had a horrible site design and absolutely no customization at all? Go with the programs that have quality stamped all over it, you are for sure going to find a responsive owner and of course, results!
Have a great week and thanks very much for being a reader of Hit Exchange News!
The Traffic Exchange Guy
– We had some changes made to the member directory at I Love Hits this past week. With the increasing use of the profile pages, we felt the need to spice up the directory and give people much more to see and look at. Be sure to pop by and check out the changes! Oh yeah, and surf a few sites too while you are at it, we’ve got some pretty cool new additions to the surf bar as well.
– Traffic Splash added 1000 members ALONE this week as they hit 27,000 in total surfers. All I can say is…Here’s a traffic exchange that grows by leaps and bounds. This is something to support, surf, purchase and upgrade at. By far, one of the best exchanges ever!
– Traffic Soldiers hit quite a milestone this week as well. It was announced that Soldiers hit 20,000 members in their latest update. This is a very nice achievement and proof that there are traffic exchanges out there that do grow and are not stagnant.
– I sent a little tidbit about Daily Niche Idea last night because I really feel this is the official ‘no excuse tool’ for building a mailing list. Cindy Battye’s new program is one of those ‘must haves’ for anyone that has ever got stuck on something to write about to their list. Be sure to give it a look and sign up for free.
– Want to win your own copy of the best selling traffic exchange book on Amazon.com, Hits, Clicks and Misses, (actually, it’s the only published book about T.E.’s on the planet), simply post a comment about this week’s issue of HEN!
– Splash Page Hall of Fame – How about getting a $47 ebook just for signing up to Advertising Know How? Note: Why do I focus on splash pages every week? Simple, you MUST be using them in the traffic exchanges to get results. Get a custom made splash page by clicking here!
The Famous Hit Exchange News Top 10 (Disclaimer: These are my top performing exchanges for the past week. Alexa rankings and fancy numbers have nothing to do with how I rank my list. This is based on my results and my opinion, nothing more, nothing less.)
Note: Analysis and Tracking by Hits Connect – The Official Link Tracking Service of Hit Exchange News! Sign up today and get your 30% Discount!
Question: Hey Jon, how come I Love Hits, SWAT Traffic and Click Crazey are never on the top 10 list? Since I own them, I feel it would be a conflict of interest to place it on any of my rankings. (But we all know how great they are anyways lol)
Deep Thoughts – Jon’s Weekly Rambling
How Not To Approach Potential JV’s?
This little tidbit is in response to my email a few days ago about the I Love Hits update:
“I am a traffic exchange owner and i would be willing to give you some free advertising on my site if you sign up as a member and then you can give me credits on your site in exchange. my website is (not giving them free publicity). Please check it out and let me know…”
So I checked the site out, hey, you never know who is sending emails to you right? What I saw was a basic Ventrino script, zero customization, grand total of just over 60 members. Oh yeah, and like 1200 credits to sign up, plus a 1:1 surf ratio. That’s a big warning sign if you are thinking about joining a new traffic exchange by the way.
O.k., not a problem, maybe they are new and I could help them out by suggesting they focus more on building their brand name in my traffic exchanges first. So I check their account at I Love Hits AND S.W.A.T. Traffic. I find no URLs added, never spent a dime on advertising their exchange, surfed a grand total of 12 sites in the lifetime of the account. What would you do?
You know the popular saying, those who want help, should help themselves first? This is a classic example. Want to get on the radar for possible JV’s? How about building your name and really showing to others that you are here for the long run. Far too many times, we see people come and go in this business and now more than ever it’s important to ‘create your own buzz’.
Things That Make You Go Hmmm…
– Jon Olson is a real genius sometimes. I let the domain name for Hit Exchange News expire yesterday. Duh.
– Owners of Hit Magik, you have a support request in Net Marketing Forum.
– I knew Max Traffic Pro was a great traffic exchange but William Brant for president? Huh?