The brand new series How To Spot A Bad Traffic Exchange? by Tim Linden is causing quite a stir around the industry. Is it a bad ‘stir’ or a welcomed shake up?
The thing that has been said is why not focus on the ‘good’ aspects of the traffic exchanges. Well I’d like to think that I’ve been doing that for 213 issues now in this little newsletter, so my feeling is this…Why not? Why not shake things up a bit? Why not focus on things people can improve upon? Two things will happen because of this series…
1. The owner will get upset. Take offense and cause a ruckus, and most likely close the doors on their exchange in a few months. Where’s the problem?
2. The passionate owner will take the comments, act upon what needs fixing and improve their business. Where’s the problem?
I commend Mr. Linden for creating this series and applaud people in the industry like Tony Tezak, Rich Taylor, Soren Jordansen and Robert Puddy who have been saying it for years…Step up or get out of the way!
The Traffic Exchange Guy
– Instant Squeeze Page Generator has added a monthly subscription to it’s pro level upgrade. This is huge news for anyone looking to finally promote lead generating splash pages in the traffic exchanges. No more massive yearly purchases, a month by month subscription will help LOTS of people get great results from the exchanges by using this amazing service!
– Tim Linden is full of news this week. Start Xchange has started to offer commissions on all purchases and upgrades in the system. More and more we are seeing some of the older traffic exchanges changing the way they do things to start competitive with the changing market…This is a good thing =)
– Affiliate Funnel’s laptop giveaway contest has ended and the numbers for this month have been staggering to say the least. Hundreds of new members, dozens of new top referrers and even more attention being cast onto the internet’s favorite ‘anti-downline builder’.
– Congratulations to ‘Marlise’ for winning last week’s copy of Hits, Clicks and Misses. Want to win your own copy of the best selling traffic exchange book on Amazon.com (actually, it’s the only published book about T.E.’s on the planet), simply post a comment about this week’s issue of HEN!
– Splash Page Hall of Fame – Yes, I know…It’s a page that kind of promotes I Love Hits , but it’s traffic exchange specific advertising at it’s best!
The Famous Hit Exchange News Top 10 (Disclaimer: These are my top performing exchanges for the past week. Alexa rankings and fancy numbers have nothing to do with how I rank my list. This is based on my results and my opinion, nothing more, nothing less.)
Note: Analysis and Tracking by Hits Connect – The Official Link Tracking Service of Hit Exchange News! Sign up today and get your 30% Discount!
Question: Hey Jon, how come I Love Hits, SWAT Traffic and Click Crazey are never on the top 10 list? Since I own them, I feel it would be a conflict of interest to place it on any of my rankings. (But we all know how great they are anyways lol)
Deep Thoughts – Jon’s Weekly Rambling
Are Traffic Exchanges A Real Business?
An interesting question was asked last week in Net Marketing Forum and it got me thinking about the perception that people have about traffic exchanges, it’s owners and the potential for growth this industry has.
Too many times you’ll hear the common quote ‘I tried traffic exchanges and didn’t see results, so I quit…but I’m back for another go round…’. Sad but far too often the case. So you see, the perception is this, people ‘try’ traffic exchanges, they do not invest their time, money and effort into them. So why is that there are more people today earning a very good living from owning, operating, surfing and promoting in the traffic exchanges if they are just used for ‘testing’?
Even better, why is it that the same people seem to show up in the SWAT Traffic seminar every Thursday night and these same people seem to be the people making a living from these programs? Interesting huh? Here’s the reason…
They are treating this like a real business and not just a hobby! To be even more clearer, they are investing their time, energy, money and effort into networking with others in this business, learning everyday, and getting their name in front of the movers and shakers each and every week. Why aren’t you doing the same thing?
Are these things a business? Absolutely! Can they provide you with not only a steady stream of customers in your mailing list but also a very nice income? Sure they can. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you view things) the people that do the best in this business do not ‘try things’, they build things…Their network!
Things That Make You Go Hmmm…
– How cool is Black Hat Graphics?
– It’s my birthday today, be sure to check out the extra long HENry Hour session at I Love Hits for the next 48 hours!
– This wins post of the week at Net Marketing Forum by Solomon Huey!