Does anyone remember the entire auto surf fiasco? I sure do. I also remember the bubble game, gifting program, cycler, doubler and randomizer fiascos too. These little fads did a lot of damage to the traffic exchanges because the exchanges used to be flooded with these ‘risky’ programs and a lot of people lost a lot of money in the process.
2008 and you could imagine my surprise when a well known traffic exchange decides to launch their own version of a randomizer. I won’t mention it by name here because I do not wish to give it any extra promotion but it’s a very sad day for traffic exchanges when one of our own decides to go this route.
I am asking for all surfers, owners and everyone who has ever used a traffic exchange to stand up and demand that these kind of programs do not get any support at all. They have done nothing but hurt our reputation and yes, they do flood the exchanges from time to time, so if you see one, talk about it, discuss it, report it, and let the owners know you do not want to see these things in rotation.
Have a great week and thanks very much for being a reader of Hit Exchange News!
The Traffic Exchange Guy
– Blue Surf announced this week that it had hit the 5,000 member mark. Not too shabby for a brand new traffic exchange in this day and age. I just wanted to thank Scott from Blue Surf for creating something new, unique and fun for surfers. A custom script can go a very long way.
– I’ve got a good feeling about Traffic Taxis as a traffic exchange to watch this summer. It was not ‘launched’ in the general sense of a big promotional release, but with it’s solid design and responsive owner, it has the potential to be a very solid addition. Let’s see how things go.
– So you wanna own a traffic exchange huh? For any would be owner, I highly recommend reading this very ‘eye opening’ post at Net Marketing Forum . Fellow owners and surfers alike offer some great input on why someone would want to own and operate these little programs.
– Want to win your own copy of the best selling traffic exchange book on Amazon.com, Hits, Clicks and Misses, (actually, it’s the only published book about T.E.’s on the planet), simply post a comment about this week’s issue of HEN! Congrats to Jesus Moreno for winning last week, if you can send me your mailing address to hitexchangenews at yahoo dot com, I’ll get you your copy shipped a.s.a.p.
– Splash Page Hall of Fame – This is one of the most creative splash pages I have seen in recent memory! Note: Why do I focus on splash pages every week? Simple, you MUST be using them in the traffic exchanges to get results. Get a custom made splash page by clicking here!
The Famous Hit Exchange News Top 10 (Disclaimer: These are my top performing exchanges for the past week. Alexa rankings and fancy numbers have nothing to do with how I rank my list. This is based on my results and my opinion, nothing more, nothing less.)
Note: Analysis and Tracking by Hits Connect – The Official Link Tracking Service of Hit Exchange News! Sign up today and get your 30% Discount!
Question: Hey Jon, how come I Love Hits, SWAT Traffic and Click Crazey are never on the top 10 list? Since I own them, I feel it would be a conflict of interest to place it on any of my rankings. (But we all know how great they are anyways lol)
Deep Thoughts – Jon’s Weekly Rambling
Creativity – And Why It Should Matter To You!
I got an invite today from a couple of traffic exchange owners and they let me in on a brand new program they will be launching in a few weeks. When I heard it was a new traffic exchange, it got me worried about what this thing could possibly bring ‘new’ to the table. Wow, I was blown away!
Here’s what they did…They used creativity to build their new program. They took a stock LJ Script (the same base script that I Love Hits is on) and completely edited it to fit their needs. The thing has some wonderful features that you wont find anywhere else and here’s the best part…It should show people what CAN be done when you use a little bit of creativity.
Great, how does this help you. Hopefully it gets you thinking about what you have at your disposal right now, in your marketing arsenal. Once you see what you have, try to find new ways to do the same thing. Maybe it’s a different design, maybe it’s a new headline, maybe it’s a complete make over. The main point is to do things differently!
There’s a wonderful book I like to read to help with creative thinking, it’s called ‘Thinker Toys’. This book has helped me so much in looking at a product or service and seeing what I can do with what I have to make it more interesting, make it stickier and more attractive to my members.
I’ve always been a big fan of sticking out from the crowd, and now more than ever I feel it’s one of the most important things you can do for your business, especially in the traffic exchanges!
Things That Make You Go Hmmm…
– I got a sneak peak at a brand new traffic exchange that will be launching in a few weeks. get ready to be blown away…Wow!
– Hoopla keeps throwing digs at my top 10 list, and say over and over again that it’s just my opinion…Ummm yeah, has anyone else seen the big red sign that says it’s an opinion?
– Rumor has it that a new commercial traffic exchange script is about to be released into the market…