The SWAT Traffic seminar this week had to be one of the most informative and active training sessions we have ever had. It started off with a topic that was brought up in the GOB Forum at Net Marketing Forum and went on for hours. In fact, the discussion started a whole 3 hours before the seminar was even supposed to get under way.
What was so important? Why so much passion in the topic?
It had to do with the future of traffic exchanges and if we were hurting our own business model for surfers and owners alike. You see, now more than ever, new traffic exchanges that come online have great owners behind it. In the past, new exchanges would fizzle out because of the lack of management behind the program. Nowadays, the exchanges are run by top notch people.
Is this a problem? No, it’s great. But here’s what happens when you have so many good choices. You have lots of ways traffic exchanges try to keep you surfing. From ‘Super Surfing’ to giveaways, to surfing contests to ‘clocks’…More traffic exchanges try to entice you to keep surfing their program.
And rightfully so. A traffic exchange that succeeds has good traffic flow and with good flow comes profit for the owner. However, the question was asked…Are we shooting ourselves in the foot? Is too many contests hurting our sites? I would love to get readers feedback on this, are you flooded with surfing specials, daily contests, etc. Is it getting too much for the surfer? Or is it great, is it exactly what exchanges need to keep more active? Let’s hear your opinions Hit Exchange News, please post your comments below!
Thank you very much for being a reader of Hit Exchange News and have a wonderful week!
The Traffic Exchange Guy
– Traffic Gold Rush had a great launch yesterday and I’m sure the owner, Paul Conway is grinning from ear to ear. Like I mentioned above, and for the past few years, a traffic exchange success depends on the owner. With Paul Conway, you are getting one of the best. Expect big things from this new program, especially with the help of Paul Kinder and Steve Ayling in the background. This is a winner!
– Logiscape announced the upcoming release of it’s own support forum and blog this past week. Release dates are not set in stone but I would assume they will come online soon. The company seems to be concentrating much more on web 2.0 which was the main idea behind Traffic Era. What was missing though, was Hit Pulse in their updates, they only named Era, TS25 and Pods as having their own section in the forums.
– Congratulations to Smiley Traffic for having it’s first live seminar this past weekend. It was a great experience and Vern did a great job. It was wonderful to meet the guy finally after all the history we have, and he was very professional the entire night. Great stuff sir!
– Want to win your own copy of the best selling traffic exchange book on Amazon.com, Hits, Clicks and Misses, (actually, it’s the only published book about T.E.’s on the planet), simply post a comment about this week’s issue of HEN! Congratulations to ‘Dan’ for winning last week. Be sure to send your mailing address to me so that I can ship you a copy (hitexchangenews at yahoo dot com)!
– Splash Page Hall of Fame – How to get your name in front of people in 24 hours or less? Launch Traffic Gold Rush and make it look like a million bucks! Note: Why do I focus on splash pages every week? Simple, you MUST be using them in the traffic exchanges to get results. Get a custom made splash page by clicking here!
The Famous Hit Exchange News Top 10 (Disclaimer: These are my top performing exchanges for the past week. Alexa rankings and fancy numbers have nothing to do with how I rank my list. This is based on my results and my opinion, nothing more, nothing less.)
Note: Analysis and Tracking by Hits Connect – The Official Link Tracking Service of Hit Exchange News! Sign up today and get your 30% Discount!
Question: Hey Jon, how come I Love Hits, SWAT Traffic and Click Crazey are never on the top 10 list? Since I own them, I feel it would be a conflict of interest to place it on any of my rankings. (But we all know how great they are anyways lol)
Deep Thoughts – Jon’s Weekly Rambling
How To Take ‘It’ To The Next Level?
This isn’t going to be an article about some long lost special technique that no one has ever heard of before. It’s not the ‘magic button’ to whisk you away to internet glory. It’s not about how to finally rid yourself of the 9 to 5 blues. It is however, something you should plan for and something you should seriously consider once your business is starting to gain some ground.
Thank goodness for Cat Heiter!
Cat is a unique story. I met her when we were both involved in MPAM (a very old downline builder) and we got along great since day one. Back then, I had just taken the reigns at I Love Hits and was doing all the support and customer service myself. I did enjoy it, but it took a lot of my time up. Cat, was trying to get her own business off the ground and started to offer her services to various traffic exchanges.
What was her service? Simple, she would be the customer support and service admin for different programs. She was doing it at MPAM, so she branched out into the traffic exchange industry. She offered to handle I Love Hits and I was at cross road…
I mean, I Love Hits was my baby. It was my bread and butter and something I care about deeply. I was VERY scared to let go and give control of the inner workings of it to Cat. Not that I didn’t trust Cat, I just felt like I had to be involved in the day to day operations of I Love Hits.
But, I let go…
Cat took over the service side of I Love Hits and here’s some numbers to think about. When I was running the complete operation of I Love Hits, we generated about 20-30 new members a day. Since Cat came on board, we are now averaging about 50-70. That’s double. Why? I could concentrate on promoting and building I Love Hits, and Cat could take care of the service side of things.
It was perfect. So much so, that she now does support for every one of my programs, from SWAT Traffic to Affiliate Funnel. Again, this is not a magic button, this is not an instant riches program. This is something you will need to consider once your business starts to take off.
One of the people responsible for me to finally ‘let go’ was Mike Paetzold. Mike and me hang out daily in the SWAT Traffic training room and for years he was telling me to let go and concentrate on building the programs around me. Mike even took it one step further this week and wrote one of the most important e-books I have ever read called Easily Outsource.
This is one of those books that will never be a best seller, simply because only a handful of people will ‘get it’. It took me a few years to ‘get it’ but Mike kicked me in the rear a few times and his new e-book is something any serious entrepreneur should keep handy.
Outsourcing is a golden nugget. It’s the different between 50 new people joining your mailing list a day compared to 20. It allows you much more freedom and above all else, allows you to build YOUR business and bring new people into your circle of influence.
Things That Make You Go Hmmm…
– TE Launch Formula is already booked. Wow…
– We have a name for our pooch at SWAT Traffic…P.A.W.S. The SWAT Rot made his debut this past week.
– I made a few changes to the HEN Award and front page of the newsletter. We now include traffic exchange related services and blogs for Award winners. Check it out here!