I have a challenge! I brought this up last night in SWAT Traffic’s training seminar and it seemed to spark quite a bit of discussion. As many people know, the best web sites to promote in the exchanges are either splash pages or lead capture pages.
But what’s even more effective, are pages that stick out like a SORE thumb. Which pages do that the best? The ones with audio and video on them. So I put this as a challenge for all the attendees and I’ll do it again today for all the Hit Exchange News readers.
Place some audio clips on your splash pages / squeeze pages and let’s see how well your numbers improve over the span of two weeks. I know, I know…I hate sound, I don’t like sound, I want to shut it off, I listen to music while surfing, etc etc…..
Guess what, that’s thinking like a consumer and not as a business owner. Yes, we should always put ourselves in our customers shoes to give them the best possible service or product, but we must also use the most effective tools to generate those customers in the first place. Like it or not, stats over the past few years have always proved that adding audio (and now video) to web sites, increases conversion.
But alas, do not take my word for it. test it, and track it yourself. Place a recording of your own voice on your squeeze pages and let’s compare the numbers in two weeks time. The challenge is out there, let’s see who will follow through…
Thank you very much for being a reader of Hit Exchange News and have a wonderful week!
The Traffic Exchange Guy
– Hit 2 Hit celebrated it’s 3 year anniversary this past week. The exchange has well over 30,000 registered members these days and continues to place very well on ranked lists like Test Hoopla. I could almost guarantee this program would have more members if it got a complete new site design. For me, it’s the only missing piece of the puzzle.
– Where did Traffic Heroes go? After a note from Mr. Morris last night, the site still seems to be offline. The note read that things would be back to normal at 9am this morning, but still no signs of the Traffic Heroes program.
– The Super Surf Script had two big announcements this week, the first being the addition of StartXChange to the team of programs. Tim Linden is one of the pioneers of this industry and one of the most talented programmers in the business. StartXChange screams quality each and every day. It’s great to have him on board. The second big annoucement was….Read the splash page of the week!
– Want to win your own copy of the best selling traffic exchange book on Amazon.com, Hits, Clicks and Misses, (actually, it’s the only published book about T.E.’s on the planet), simply post a comment about this week’s issue of HEN! Congratulations to ‘Sean’ for winning last week. Be sure to send your mailing address to me so that I can ship you a copy (hitexchangenews at yahoo dot com)!
– Splash Page Hall of Fame – Like I alluded to, the Super Surf script got some brand new splash pages added to each of the participating traffic exchanges. Here’s the best part, there’s audio on it =) Note: Why do I focus on splash pages every week? Simple, you MUST be using them in the traffic exchanges to get results. Get a custom made splash page by clicking here!
The Famous Hit Exchange News Top 10 (Disclaimer: These are my top performing exchanges for the past week. Alexa rankings and fancy numbers have nothing to do with how I rank my list. This is based on my results and my opinion, nothing more, nothing less.)
Note: Analysis and Tracking by Hits Connect – The Official Link Tracking Service of Hit Exchange News! Sign up today and get your 30% Discount!
Question: Hey Jon, how come I Love Hits, SWAT Traffic and Click Crazey are never on the top 10 list? Since I own them, I feel it would be a conflict of interest to place it on any of my rankings. (But we all know how great they are anyways lol)
Deep Thoughts – Jon’s Weekly Rambling
Thinking Like A Business Owner Helps Your Customers
Disclaimer goes here! I love my traffic exchanges, I love the people I meet, and I will go to war for my members. I try to put the best possible product I can in front of them, day in and day out. And while I maintain that I am still a traffic exchange surfer (I am, I still surf hours every day and have the carpal tunnel to prove it) I had a major revelation about 3 years ago at my first marketing seminar in Charlotte North Carolina.
I met a guy named Gary Ambrose at this event, you may have heard of him. He’s one of those ‘big guys’ you hear about all the time. Gary and I had a chance to chit chat one afternoon and he basically laid it on the line for me. He showed me how my thinking was wrong when it came to I Love Hits and more importantly, steps I could use to improve my business.
Without getting into huge details, the message in the chit chat was simple. Start treating I Love Hits like a business and make money from it. Simple enough right? Well it wasn’t, because I was trapped in the ‘non-program owner’ way of thinking. I didn’t concentrate and look for new ways to build my income from the massive potential which was I Love Hits. I was happy surfing, selling a few ad packages every day and gleefully skipping along.
Once my mentality shifted, I started to double, even triple my income by using this thought process. The more money this program makes, the better improvements I can make for my members and the better results they will get. It works and there isn’t an ebook on the planet that will help you with it, it has to come from your desire to change your business.
Again, I am still a traffic exchange surfer and always have ideas on how to improve the surfing experience. But also, I am now thinking on how to increase my income to better my traffic exchanges. Over 500 new members are joining I Love Hits every single week, and while there are many factors to this continued growth, it does start from Charlotte, Mr. Ambrose and a wake up call to a fledgling traffic exchange owner. Think like a business owner, and improve your service for your valued members!
Things That Make You Go Hmmm…
– Why is it that ‘Freebie Force’ costs 9.95 a month?
– I’ve been checking out my best friend’s forum lately, and apparently people really don’t like me. Hmmm, It must be because I wrote SOAR instead of SORE a few weeks ago.
– Oh yeah….Football season starts today! Whoooo hoooooo.