There you have it. Issue number 300. I can’t claim to have created a new issue each and every week since 2003 because there has been a few weeks I have missed but Hit Exchange News is still alive and kicking after all these years.
It’s a huge testament to the power of traffic exchanges. Here is a medium that NEVER gets respect in other areas of internet marketing, most big name gurus cringe when you remind them they started in this business, but still we grow…We grow every single week by thousands of new surfers coming online into this industry and it has not slowed down one bit since day one…
Why are traffic exchanges so powerful? Why does this industry breed some of the sharpest minds to build massive marketing empires? Why do we continue to grow so much every week?
I look at it like this, we are the stepping stone. We are the first gate people come to in their online career and when we are new to this, the majority of us like the sound of free traffic. Heck, most of us, myself included, didn’t have any kind of capital to get our business going but we had time. So we trade our time for money with the traffic exchanges and the savvy marketers make this work for them…We see the opportunities, use our time wisely and create winning game plans on how to get ourselves into profit.
While a lot of us who started back in 2003 may not be surfing the traffic exchanges as often, we still do have a soft spot for this business. I myself, am in love with the traffic exchanges more than I ever have been. And yes, I’m still surfing hours a day, just like many of you. If you frequent I Love Hits or Sweeva, you will find me in chat and or commenting on sites every day…Why? Cause 11 years into this, I can’t get enough of the ‘click’…
So things may get older, but they still stay the same. Traffic exchanges are here for good folks, we’re only just scratching the surface…
Thank you very much for being a reader of Hit Exchange News and have a wonderful week!
The Traffic Exchange Guy
– Sponsored Ad –
– Massive week at Sweeva! We are about to hit 10,000 members and this is pretty cool for a program a little over two weeks old. We also had a record surfing day yesterday and things do not look to be slowing down. Want my ‘biggest news’ over 300 issues of Hit Exchange News? Sweeva is my highlight for sure!
– Hits Connect has been having issues with Open DNS as it’s been reported as a phishing site. Word has it that they are working on it to clear things up but a lot of surfers have not been getting their sites seen because of it. Rest assured, Hits Connect WILL be cleared up soon and this is NOT a phishing site in any way shape or form but you may want to pause campaigns until it’s all sorted.
– Important Notice: Cast your vote today for your favorite traffic exchanges at Affiliate Funnel’s Surfer’s Choice ranker. This is YOUR voice and YOUR opinion on what traffic exchanges you feel are the best in the business. Be sure to vote every day and get your opinion heard!
– Splash Page Hall of Fame – Jared ‘gets it’ and this splash page has become one of the top rated sites in Sweeva for days now and one look can tell you why! Note: Why do I focus on splash pages every week? Simple, you MUST be using them in the traffic exchanges to get results. Get a custom made splash page by clicking here!
The Famous Hit Exchange News Top 10 (Disclaimer: These are my top performing exchanges for the past week. Alexa rankings and fancy numbers have nothing to do with how I rank my list. This is based on my results and my opinion, nothing more, nothing less.)
Note: Analysis and Tracking by T.E. Toolbox – The Official Link Tracking Service of Hit Exchange News!
Question: Hey Jon, how come I Love Hits and SWAT Traffic or Sweeva are never on the top 10 list? Since I own them, I feel it would be a conflict of interest to place it on any of my rankings. (But we all know how great they are anyways lol)
– Sponsored Ad –
Deep Thoughts – Jon’s Weekly Ramblings
Some Highlights, 300 Issues In The Making…
Here are some of my highlights over the past 300 issues…These are my thoughts only folks, not a record of the most important events. Just stuff that stuck out in my mind..Enjoy a trip down memory lane…
Issue 1 – I mean, this started it all. And if you ever get a chance to read through any older issues of Hit Exchange News, you will notice one thing…Most of the traffic exchanges I talk about aren’t around any more. Sad, but the good news is some ARE still here and those ones are some of the most powerful traffic exchanges to date.
Issue 50 – While the launch of Traffic Era really changed the traffic exchange landscape, it was the introduction of TS 25 that for me was the birth of a new way to surf and a new way to use traffic exchanges. Logiscape may have started with Hit Pulse but it was TS 25 that changed the game for good.
Issue 57 – This was the week that changed my life. Here is when I became the sole owner of I Love Hits and boy oh boy was I pumped!
Issue 112 – The Focus 4 The Future Seminar in Charlotte, North Carolina. I met Robert Puddy, Rich Taylor, Gary Ambrose, Mike Paetzold, Mike Filsaime, Joel Comm, Jennifer Herold and many of people for the first time and this was the first time traffic exchange users and owners attended an offline internet marketing seminar. I’d go as far to say that the hosts of this were heavily involved in traffic exchanges (Robert and Rich) at this time and it changed the way a lot of us did business from then on…
Issue 157 – This was in the middle of my ‘T.E Guy’ consulting gig and I met a couple of guys named Paul Kinder and Soren Jordansen who paid me a few bucks to consult them on traffic exchange ownership. LOL My my how times have changed. Now you have one of the most well known marketers in the world and one of the top traffic exchange owners in history. Amazing who comes through the doors of the traffic exchanges…
Issue 170 – The launch of the first and only published book about traffic exchanges and still the number one selling traffic exchange book on Amazon LOL O.K., it’s the only book on Amazon about traffic exchanges.
Issue 205 – The introduction of the Surfer’s Choice ranker at Affiliate Funnel. For the first time in traffic exchange history, it was surfers who voted for their favorite programs and no longer *sob* my Top 10 list that was bragging rights for owners…LOL
Issue 226 – The introduction of Super Surf. 5 like minded traffic exchange owners working together every day to further our businesses. We had big plans for this and the potential was huge. It was a game changer for sure and the ‘good ol’ boys’ really started to get the hate mail during these times…
I spend the majority of this morning reading old issues…A few things I want to mention but didn’t want to link to was the whole ‘dark days’ of the traffic exchanges. This was the auto surf investment scams and the millions upon millions of dollars that was lost in this fiasco. Heck, traffic exchanges still have a bad reputation because of this.
But enough about my thoughts, what are some of your favorite moments in your traffic exchange career? I would love to share some war stories with all of you and hear what you think ‘changed the game’ as we know it. Please do post your thoughts below…
Things That Make You Go Hmmm…
– Traffic Roundup sends the first update in quite a while and all it was was trying to sell me a bunch of credits for 47 bucks…How about an update on how this legendary T.E. is doing?
– I’m going to Pelican Narrows, Saskatchewan for a weekend of fishing with my buddies. Google that and you’ll ask yourself, where are the roads? I’m asking myself that right now…
– “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young…” – Henry Ford
– Sponsored Ad –